Woodworking-News™ - Keeping woodworkers informed since 1999

Woodworking-News Logo Type

Ask a Woodworker

I've seen mahogany veneer advertised "RIBBON SLICED" please define this type of grain appearance.

"Ribbon sliced" is to mahogany, what "quarter sewn" is to oak or bands of grain, bands=ribbons, hence the name.

« See more woodworking questions

Do you have a question? Drop us a line at questions@woodworking-news.com. We will try to answer your question as best we can.