Woodworking-News™ - Keeping woodworkers informed since 1999

Woodworking-News Logo Type

Ask a Woodworker

I recently got at auction a Skil 7 1/2 worm drive circular saw. The gear case seems to need oil. Any info on what type of oil is generally used would be appreciated.

There actually is such a thing a Worm Drive Lubricant. It is formulated by Manufacturer/Model. ACE Hardware carries the oil — Sears, depending on location will also have it.

« See more woodworking questions

Do you have a question? Drop us a line at questions@woodworking-news.com. We will try to answer your question as best we can.